Col. Michelle Mustard is a character in Johnny Thunder and the Secret of Marco Polo and the leader of the U.N. Peacekeeping forces in the said film. He is cowardly, with war causing him to throw up.
- Film Credits: Johnny Thunder and the Secret of Marco Polo
- Character Role: Comic Relief
- Actor: David Hoxie
- Character Sex: Male
Col. Mustard wears U.N. blue on both his pants and his baseball cap, though he does not have U.N. written on either article of clothing. He wears a dark gray suit with a gold badge and red bowtie, with a waist coat covering his suit. His hair is red, with a thick mustache and a thick beard covering most of his face.
Col. Mustard is very pacifistic in that he always tries to reach an agreement between two warring factions in order to prevent fighting, which he despises. However, he is also cowardly, as the sight of blood and fighting makes him physically ill. Usually, however, his arguments fall on deaf ears, thus making most of his efforts futile.
- This character is named after Col. Mustard, one of the playable characters from the classic board game Clue.
- Although it is never mentioned in the film, Col. Mustard's assistant that drives the U.N. truck is, according to some production documents, named Pvt. Ketchup. This is never mentioned in the finished film as it was deemed too ridiculous.
- This character was added to the film in order to give the war between Chang Wu and Mao Zedong III some modern relevance.
- Originally, this character was going to be French. However, as David Hoxie was unable to execute the proper accent, this character became nationality-neutral.