Mustache Maniacs-opoly is a property trading board game made in the same vein as the classic game Monopoly. It features locations from various Mustache Maniacs Film Co. movies as properties that can be bought and traded, and features events based on various movie moments.
Game Details Edit
- Release Date: June 1, 2009
- Game Play Time: 30-90 min.
- Game Type: Property Trading
- Number of Players: 2-6
Mustache Maniacs-opoly contains, inside its blue and red box, two traditional playing dice, one sheet of paper describing the game rules, two stacks of event cards (called good news and bad news), four denominations of Mustache Money ($100, $500, $1000, $5000), and six brick-built playing pieces, each one modeled after an item from Mustache Maniacs Film Co. canon: Legoman's Legomobile, Lord Sinister's stolen jeep, Com 50's teleport remote, Mustache Max's mustache, Babloo's elephant, and Kiki's coconut cannon.
The playing board is predominately blue with the spaces running around the board's perimeter. Each property space features a location from a Mustache Maniacs Film Co. movie, with the corner spaces also tweaked for this version. Start has become the Legocave, Jail has been changed into Spies' Hideout, Free Space is now Shady Acres, and Go to Jail was altered into Fate. Railroads have been replaced with Play Lotto.
Features and Game Play Edit
The game plays very similar to traditional Monopoly, but with some of the rules altered or simplified. As players make their way around the board, they can buy up properties, aiming to make the most money and to drive the other players into bankruptcy. As the game progresses, the corner spaces, game events, and Play Lotto can affect the outcome of the game as follows.
- Play Lotto: Players can bet either $100 or $500 of Mustache Money that they will get the same number they just rolled in a re-roll. Winning lotto increases your bet by the amount listed on the space. Lost bets end up at Shady Acres.
- Good News: These are game events that give you extra cash that you can then add to your holdings.
- Bad News: These are game events that take Mustache Money away from you and either send it to the other players or to Shady Acres.
- The Legocave: This is the start space. Just like in Monopoly, a player gets $2000 whenever he or she passes over it.
- Spies' Hideout: Anyone who lands here is captured and must stay for a maximum of three turns. Rolling doubles gets you out for free.
- Shady Acres: Any player who lands here gets all of the money all players lost to Play Lotto and game events.
- Fate: Landing here forces the player to roll again. An odd roll gets good news, while an even roll gets bad news.
The game ends when either a set amount of time has elapsed, or one player is driven to bankruptcy. The player with the highest amount of Mustache Money at the end is the winner.
- This game was released to commemorate the fifth anniversary of Mustache Maniacs Film Co., a fact stated on the box.
- In an earlier version of the game, Lord Sinister's stolen jeep was not a playing piece. Instead, it was the Heart of the Dragon from Indiana Jones and the Heart of the Dragon.
- The game was created by using the template made for Make Your Own-opoly.
- The game features properties, events, and special spaces based on 15 different Mustache Maniacs Film Co. movies.
- On the rules sheet, it is stated that for the Fate space, an even roll will get good news and an odd roll will get bad news. This is a direct contradiction to what is written on the Fate space on the board.