Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Comic Details Edit
- Release Date: December 31, 2014
- Number of Comics: 7
- Illustrator: Andrew Bermudez
- Author: Andrew Bermudez
Plot Summary Edit
WARNING: This section contains spoilers. If you do not want to find out what happens, skip to the next section.
The comics' story begins with a re-cap of Ulysses' involvement in When Barrels Fly and Late for the Soccer Match and how he came to the present day, wondering why everything is so expensive. He is impressed by the advancements in technology, but is still baffled by other changes, such as almond milk.
Since 130 years have passed, Ulysses decides to see if there is any mail for him. It turns out that he has to pay back-taxes that accumulated during his absence, and subsequently obtains a series of jobs to pay them off. None of them satisfy him, but finds a memo advertising paid positions to work alongside Dr. Cyber. Interested, Ulysses meets Dr. Cyber, who tells him that he can solve his problems.
Showing Ulysses around the time lab, Dr. Cyber shows off his time machines, including the time microwave, which he uses to send Ulysses' back taxes back in time to the due date. After testing the Time Booth, Dr. Cyber introduces Ulysses to his assistant Tim, who ends the comics on a bad joke. The last comic ends with Samantha Rhodes strangling the cartoonist, livid over the awful pun.
Development History Edit
After Tales of the Adventurers concluded at the end of 2013, Crazyhouse Comics was left with no comics in 2014 for Ten Years of Going Crazy!. As 2014 was coming to a close, Andrew Bermudez, wanting to introduce new comics alongside the then-upcoming DINO ATTACK: Saga of a Conflict, proposed a series of comics, including possible comics based on A Friend of the Police and An Afternoon at the Zoo. Most of the comics were rejected, but two ideas that were well-received were comics based on Lord Sinister's story from before Johnny Thunder and the Gift of the Nile and Ulysses S. Powell from When Barrels Fly.
The three comics were announced on the press room on December 12, 2014, with the first comic being released on the 31 of the same month. However, as 2015 wore on, development lagged, especially since another comic series, Journey to Siberia, was gearing up for a Summer 2015 release. On top of that, comics were being developed for DINO ATTACK: Saga of a Conflict.
After only a meager seven comics, Out of His Time ended on January 16, 2016. This was done in order to shift resources towards the other two comics.
List of Comics Edit
Listed here are all of the comics featured in this series.
- Ulysses' Background Story - Released December 31, 2014
- A Sense of Culture Shock - Released January 19, 2015
- Taxing His Patience - Released March 2, 2015
- Looking For a Job - Released April 19, 2015
- Meet Dr. Cyber - Released July 7, 2015
- Sending Back the Back Taxes - Released October 2, 2015
- Tim the Assistant - Released January 16, 2016
- This comic series was originally going to run until the release of A Future in the Past.
- The canonized fan video, A Greater Cost, ties directly into the comics' plot line.
- The ending of the final comic, Tim the Assistant, is a nod to Tales of the Adventurers, where Samantha Rhodes would typically break the fourth wall and get upset after a really bad joke is told.