Film Details Edit
- Release Date: March 10, 2007 (Original); May 11, 2012 (Re-release)
- Running Time: 2 min.
- MPAA Rating: n/a
- Director: Tyler Shefton
- Producer: Andrew Bermudez
- Writer: n/a
Plot Summary Edit
WARNING: This section contains spoilers. If you do not want to find out what happens, skip to the next section.
The film opens immediately after X has blown his and 007's cover to protect the Austrian president. X, revealing that he is actually a hit man hired by an unnamed organization to assassinate said government official, shoots at 007, severely wounding him. Despite this, 007 escapes.
X then proceeds to kill any guards and police officers that cross his path. Guards spring out of trash cans and from behind tables and walls. Despite this, X kills them all. At the end of the skirmish, X, despite failing his mission, stands with confidence.
Production History Edit
On the last day of filming for Com 50-3: Raid on Central Island, the filming was completed ahead of schedule. This then left lots of spare time to film something else. While Andrew Bermudez wanted to use the time to film some behind the scenes material, everyone else wanted to film a video game-style shootout. With the spare time, this film was made.
It was initially released with Com 50-3 on March 10, 2007. It was then released again on May 11, 2012 as a "From the Vaults" film. On February 22, 2016, this film entered the official canon as the "Austrian Incident" mentioned constantly by X and 007 in Com 50-3.
Audience Reception Edit
While well-received upon its initial release, it got almost no attention when it was re-released. However, those who saw it thought it was cool.
- Continuity Error: At the beginning of the film, X caulks his gun every time he fires. However, later in the film, he no longer does this and just fires away.
- Tyler Shefton - Director, Concept, Actor
- Daniel Bermudez - Cameraman
- Andrew Bermudez - Producer, Editor
- Luke Stabe - Actor
- John Stabe - Actor
- Nathan Stabe - Actor
- Jeremy Babcock - Actor
- Adam Shefton - Actor
- Isaac Shefton - Actor
- This is Mustache Maniacs Film Co.'s last film to be made without any pre-planning.
- Originally, Andrew Bermudez was going to play a police officer, but his scene was cut out due to a blooper.
- Originally, this film had no basis in the Com 50 canon. Only in the 2016 canon change did it have any relevance to the existing universe.
- In this film, Luke Stabe plays both 007 and a police officer.