Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Roulette Match is a short brickfilm that features gambling in a saloon. It was made in one afternoon in 2005 and was included with the DVD for Indiana Jones and the Heart of the Dragon.
Film Details Edit
- Release Date: July 3, 2005; January 4, 2012 (re-release)
- Running Time: 1 min.
- MPAA Rating: n/a
- Director: Andrew Bermudez
- Producer: Andrew Bermudez
- Writer: n/a
Plot Summary Edit
WARNING: This section contains spoilers. If you do not want to find out what happens, skip to the next section.
The film opens with an Indian Chief arriving at a saloon. He boasts about his prospect about beating the so-called "roulette champion" and heads inside.
In the saloon, The Indian Chief challenges the Roulette Champion to a game of roulette. He accepts, they take their seats, and they place their bets. While the Roulette Champion bets off his best mining pick, the Indian Chief catches him off-guard by betting off the clothes he is wearing. With their bets placed, they begin to play.
A few minutes later, the bartender asks if the Indian Chief won the game. The Indian Chief leaves the saloon to reveal that he is stark naked and replies by saying that he did not.
Production History Edit
The film was made in one afternoon on the same set that was used for Remember the Alamo and Wild West. Just like other films from that time, no pre-planning was done, other than some talking right before the shoot.
The film was released on July 3, 2005 on the same DVD as Indiana Jones and the Heart of the Dragon. Later, under the "From the Vaults" banner, it was released again on January 4, 2012.
Audience Reception Edit
It did not get much attention, but it was well-received for being a very early attempt at making a brickfilm. It was enough of an impact that the Indian Chief was re-designed and returned for The Second Mustache Maniacs Film Co. Fan Choice Awards.
- Visual Error: The word "Roulette" is misspelled on the side of the saloon.
- Tribal Chief (Andrew Bermudez)
- Roulette Champion (Andrew Bermudez)
- Bartender (Andrew Bermudez)
- Andrew Bermudez - Creator, Director, Animator, Editor, Voice Actor
- Daniel Bermudez - Creator, Assistant Director
- This is the first Mustache Maniacs Film Co. film (beyond the pre-formation era) that featured LEGO products as the subject matter.
- This film was very loosely inspired by some western films that had been featured on the LEGO Studios website.
- This was the first film created under the "Brick Tales" banner.